Welcome to WELL II 2011!


...and welcome to the WELL blog! This will be our open space on the web where we'll share conversations and extend our learning networks. This online journal is an ongoing contstruction that was started with previous WELL participants and will continue growing with your contributions!

My name is Carla Raguseo and I'll be your guide to "the center of the web 2.0"! Together we'll explore the potential of blogs and wikis for language learning.

I started my first blog for an online exchange project with my students six years ago. Since then, each new blog or wiki I created for my classes or for my own professional development has been a path to reflections and unexpected discoveries. Check out some of them here.

I'd like to invite you to introduce yourselves and share your experiences with blogs and wikis as well as your expectations for this course. Also, take your time to look around and make yourselves at home!
-.-

14 Response to Welcome to WELL II 2011!

Anonymous
June 15, 2011 at 6:51 AM

Hello Everyone! My name is María Guillermina and I am a teacher of children. I am very interested in learning as much as possible about blogs and especially about wikis, which I think are awesome tools for giving classes! (At least, that was what I felt designing my last assignment for WELL1). Well, nice to meet you all!
Regards,
MG

June 15, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Welcome back, Guillermina! I'm really glad you found wikis so useful. I'm sure you'll also find many interesting applications for blogs in your classes. Let's go for more!

Anonymous
June 15, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Let's go for more Carla! I am eager to learn as much as possible! Guillermina

June 16, 2011 at 3:46 AM

Hello everybody! My name is Romina Gerez, I´m Licenciada in International Relations and a teacher of English as well. I have two little kids, Sofía, who is 4 and Felipe, who is 1 so my life is full of entertainment :)
My first close encounter with i-tools was 4 years ago when I started being Colegio Americano´s webmaster. I love technology and having the opportunity to use it as a means to foster or promote children/teenagers/adults' creativity in learning. Broadening my knowledge included attending a virtual course called Enhancing lessons and also the last SBS online session on TICs.
Today I´m still the school´s webmaster and also Instituto San Bartolomé´s webmaster and an online tutor for Edu-training so I have great opportunities to apply what I will learn here!
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Regards,

Romina

June 16, 2011 at 6:21 AM

Welcome, Romina!

It's really a pleasure to have such an experienced colleague on board! I've also noticed we have had similar professional paths! I also used to have en Ed-tech position -computer lab coordinator- some years ago and now I'm an online tutor and PD courses coord at E-duTraining, of course!

I've clicked on your profile and saw you started a blog for personal reflection some time ago. Would you like to keep on working on your personal blog or would you like to give class blogging a try? Next week we'll be exploring different types of blogs for ELT.

Let's keep sharing!

Carla

June 16, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Carla has just told me to try using the blog identity I created after attending her lecture at Stratford bookshop few moths ago. As my surname is Sonnet I decided to call myself Sonetina (I am not good at writing poems, but my wish was to inspire good thoughts and feelings on the people who read my blog - the main problem was I only wrote there ONCE :P)
I must tell you girls that I am not like you; I naturally HATE computers but I want to be a good teacher and that's why I trying to learn how to get along with them...
Romina, let me tell you that I did four years of Politic Science at UNR before dropping it to start studying at the teacher training college.
The one in the picture is my 8 months old dog daughter, Brisa.
Well, hope this works!
CU soon!
Guillermina alias Sonetina

June 16, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Dear Guillermina,

Thanks for introducing your new blog identity to us and for explaining the "rationale" behind it! ;-) Building our online identity is part of the process of becoming media literate in the 21st century. :-)

Déborah Selser
June 16, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Hello everybody!My name is Déborah Selser.I´m an EFL teacher.I have four children María, Sofía, Nicolás and Sebastián. I work full time so you can see that my life is never boring.I teach at Cursos de lenguas Extranjeras para la Comunidad(UNR) I also teach at Universidad Austral and I work for some companies as a freelance teacher. Teaching is my passion! and I love studying about the communicative process and how the new technologies can help to enhance this process transforming it into meaningful interaction.Taking part in this course is a real challenge for me!

June 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Thanks for joining us, Deborah!

As you can see, we'll not only learn about web tools but through them. Please, take your time to explore all our learning environments to make the most of your first online experience.

Enjoy the course!

Carla

Déborah Selser
June 17, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Of course Carla!Thanks for your support.I´ll send you my "discoveries" as soon as possible!

June 20, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Hi!
My name is Sandra Anton. I am an English professor.I graduated from Joaquin V.Gonzalez Teacher training College.I work on my own in my studio with students of all levels.I have been teaching 4-year-old kids since 2005.I am an authorized holistic teacher from ALL [Alternative Language Learning].I also teach in some companies.I have already done Well1 and here I am joining you all in this Well2 experience.
I ride my bike at weekends with my friends from "El club del pedal" and this year full of personal challenges I have started singing lessons as well.And last but not least I have two kids a twenty year old boy and a nine year old girl.
A pleasure to share this course with some of my mates from WELL 1 ,the new ones and of course you Carla!
A warm hug,
Sandra

June 21, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Welcome back, Sandra!

I'm so glad you've joined us at WELL2. You are such a brave and enthusistic learner! It's great to learn a bit more about you, your professional interests and your hobbies. ;-)

I didn't know you were an ALL teacher! I have a two-year-old daughter, Chiara, and I'd like her to start learning English from a very young age just as I did.

I really hope this new WELL course will meet your expectations!

Hugs,

Carla

María Cecilia Carattoli
June 21, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Hi, Carla and hello to my new and old mates from WELL1 Guille and Sandra!
My name's María Cecilia Carattoli. I'm a teacher of English and free-lance translator.
I've taught English at secondary school for 23 years. I've taught at Bachillerato de Bellas Artes, a school belonging to the University of La Plata, from 2nd to 6th year secondary school, for 21 years and at other schools belonging to the Province.
I've taught at home all my life! Teaching is my passion. I love learning and these past few years I felt I needed to learn something else apart from what has to do with methodology or teaching itself, that's why I studied Neuro Linguistic Programming for two years and graduated as a NLP Practitioner oriented to Education last February. I'm waiting to start the Master Practitioner this year. I also felt I needed to update myself as regards technology and that's why I embarked on this wonderful experience with WELL 1. My first experience with the WWW was when I started writing books for English as a foreign language for the last years of EGB and for the Polimodal systems years ago, and that was the time of the Web 1.0.
I think that learning is a lifelong process so I try to learn every day. I'm fascinated with the 'cyber world' I've just started to discover and I go for more. I've also become very interested in everything related to teaching virtually and I'd like to do something about it in the future. Meanwhile, I'm learning step by step.
I'm really very happy to be sharing WELL2 with all of you.
A big hug,
Cecilia

PS: Sorry for joining so late! I'll try to catch up as soon as possible. I had to face a 'cyber rebellion' with my PC and notebook at the same time! I've just been able to connect, with my PC half an hour ago, at midnight!,crossing my fingers everything would work properly, and fortunately here I am. Now my PC is healthy again and my keyboard decided to come back to life, after 'taking a holiday' just on Saturday in the long weekend when all the shops were closed. I could have it fixed today. Imagine my stress. I could barely read something from the link Carla provided by e-mail. But I couldn't enter the platform or type anything. My notebook is still at the technician's. You see, sometimes technology can make life so complicated...

June 22, 2011 at 7:01 AM

Dear Cecilia,

Welcome to WELL 2! I really look forward to learning together in this new WELL module.:-) We are all very lucky to be able to share this learning experience with such a fantastic group of experienced and enthusiastic language teachers.

Let's seed the web and thrive on connections!

Hugs,

Carla

Post a Comment